Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pipe & Wool Socks

So, no idea who the Knotts are...
Does seem like his Section spends a lot of time in Allentown and not overseas....

Wednesday, 1917 (12/26?)
Dear Mother,

Well I arrived safely this morning and the cold has practically disappeared. I haven’t coughed very much since I left home and it’s very loose so I guess I’m well rid of it.

On the way to Albany I met Mrs. + Mr. Knott + Regina. Rena had been up for the day and was going back on my train. She was glad to have my company and I hers and we had a fine visit.

When I arrived here I found a package from the Westminster Church (Club?) with a pipe in it and three pairs of heavy wool socks. There was also a letter from Charley or rather a Christmas card with five dollars folded up inside. Wasn’t that nice?

There’s nothing new here about our ever sailing. So far as indications here go we may be here until the end of the war.

Love to all,
Herbert

No comments:

Post a Comment