Sunday, October 26, 2014

ChoLon Asian Bistro in Denver

Superlative!

I thought the food was terrific. And I would even return just for the two desserts I tasted.

The surfaces in the restaurant are hard, so it is noisy. The atmosphere is brick, stainless steel and stone.

The menu is very limited, but as was suggested by one of my fellow diners, that usually means everything will be fabulous - which was an accurate call.

Scallops - delicious.
Rib eye skewers - tender.
Prawns with garlic buns - wasn't my favorite, but should have been.
Brussell Sprouts with pork and mint - to die for.
Kaya toast - I have never had anything so yummy.
Potstickers - typical, but also a pleasure.
Pork chop - it was fine, though other's thought it was out of this world.

Hong Kong Ice Cream Cake & Doughnuts - THE BEST.

Looking at the menu, it appears that they tweak things periodically - as we had pumpkin in our doughnut dessert which does not appear on the 'typical' menu.

Interesting story about the chef which can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment