Thursday, September 10, 2015

You know what Makes Me Sad?

What makes me sad is knowing that Ada Kirkpatrick Sherman had only one child, Helen Sherman Ferguson, and Helen had only one child, William Arthur Ferguson, and he had no children. He is the end of that line. I recognize we have so many people on the planet and we certainly don't need more, but when my cousin died in 2010 he was the end of the mingling of histories and DNA.

When Ada and William got married, as announced here, they didn't know what their legacy would be... I pray that they were happy together.

I have a number of photographs of Ada's family. I wonder what happened to William's things when he passed. I feel blessed to have the photographs I do have in order to remember my cousins.

Helen was clearly a good friend to Olive and Margaret.

Helen Sherman Ferguson as a baby

Helen and baby William Arthur

Your verbose blogger and Helen Sherman Ferguson in 1999 in Glens Falls, NY

we have seen this photo before - Olive, Helen and Margaret on Lake George


No comments:

Post a Comment