Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Beadlite Bag & Charles R. "Bob" Bard

I have been watching some home movies and seeing Olive in action. She is truly a lovely woman. She has a beautiful smile.

I began to think about her and why she didn't marry. She was definitely a career woman, but was that by choice? Was there an expectation she would take care of her parents as they aged? Was she gay? Certainly her mother was a big part of her life for Nellie Jane's entire life.

I found this beadlite bag with all the other memorabilia. I don't know to whom it belonged. I made the assumption it was Olive's, but it could have belonged to anyone. Maybe Margaret asked Olive to hold on to it on the sly as she married Myron in the mid-30s. Maybe Olive was engaged but he died before their wedding - I never, ever heard anything like that story, but who knows. Maybe it is not something you mention again when your sister looses the man she loves.





Hmmm.

I guess Bob didn't die. We find him at West Point in the 1930 Census, age 24. Oh, and look at this! We find him in the West Point Year Book. (All this courtesy of Ancestry.com)



I assume we found the right man, or right "sweetheart", but to which woman? I am going to operate under the assumption that Bob was Olive's Beau.

No comments:

Post a Comment