Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Llamas at the Festival!

I probably spent an hour talking with the owners of the llamas. These were the same llamas as last year... and of course I did not catch the llamas' names. Nor did I catch the last name of the owners, Steve and Denise. They have 8 llamas, four males and four females. And of course they both have day jobs; this is a hobby.

Me and the admiring children all wanted to pet the llamas, but the llamas would have none of it. Steve told me that they will put up with it some times, but mostly the animals were dodging our hands as we reached in to lovingly touch them. Finally after I had been with them for the better part of an hour Steve gave a child some pellets to feed them. I was like - 'WHAT! How come you didn't offer me any pellets to feed the llamas?' He had two responses, the first I don't recall, and the second was that I wasn't six. Hmmmm. I should probably learn from that.





No comments:

Post a Comment