Saturday, September 5, 2015

Sherman-Kirkpatrick wedding - March 1899

My goodness... you'd think listing all the gifts would just be an invitation to those who intend evil....

But, it's nice to know that there was "overwhelming proof of the popularity of the young people."

We can see Oliver and Nellie Jane Lee in attendance... the bride is her sister, after all. So, are Mr. & Mrs. Lee Oliver's parents? We will never know, will we? I have seen some Lees in the same Cemetery as Oliver and Nellie Jane are buried. Wow, is there any possibility that the Troy Lees are related to my Lees?

And who are all those other people? Obviously friends and family... so, who are family and who are friends? Perhaps I should go back to that church record in Philadelphia and look at some of the baptismal records; that might be give me a clue. I see all those people with the last name Wright - where do they fit in? They have to be related, right? Ada Belle's mother is a Wright...

No comments:

Post a Comment