Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Harem Pants

So, who would have known that there is at least one web site dedicated to the sale of Harem Pants - of all sorts! Not that I know anything about this web site, but here it is.

What I wanted to talk about was the place I found in Istanbul where I bought some very fun pants. Two pair, actually. Los Banditos right near the Galata Tower in the Beyoğlu neighborhood.

Galata Tower

When one wanders around Istanbul - and much of southwestern Turkey, one will see tons of harem pants for sale. The fabrics are really pretty. But why I bought my pants here was because they told me they designed and manufactured their own line. I certainly didn't want something that every other tourist to Turkey bought....

I took this quote off the tag on one of the pairs of pants:

We've been partying at night running around all over the place during the day in Istanbul, so that we could design and manufacture these clothes. We wanted to keep everything natural, and make everybody happy.

I took this picture from their web site. I saw this fabric and liked it a lot, but, alas, they did not have something in my size. I ended up with a very bright multicolored pant and a standard black pant. I have been complimented on both. Their fabrics are unique, if not the idea of harem pants.



If in Istanbul and you seek original clothing, check out Los Banditos.



They claim to ship for free to Europe, the Middle East, Russia and North Africa....

No comments:

Post a Comment