Tuesday, July 15, 2014

National Archives in College Park, MD

I have spent the day at the National Archives in College Park, Md researching the USA Army Ambulance Corps Section 580. As my readers can imagine, there is a ton of information in general - not to mention that there were many sections of Ambulance Corps. I was delighted to find that the information was the greatest on Sections 580, 581 & 582 for some inexplicable reason.

One fun item i found today which I thought I would share is the insignia of the Ambulance Corps. What I found looks hand colored.


I was only able to use a small camera today to make my copies. There was one heck of a thunderstorm which blew through and knocked out all the power in our country's archives. Researchers were working in the dark for a fair amount of time; lucky the building is new and flooded with light.

No comments:

Post a Comment