Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A combination of Sewing and Knitting

I am not saying I love what they came up with, but I am intrigued by the idea of combining knitting and sewing.

I was walking along a major thoroughfare in my home town and saw this in a boutique window:

Please forgive the poor quality of the image - I do not possess the latest telephone technology.

It is clearly meant to look like a sweater vest over a t-shirt, but why? Seems a rather nerdy style, but perhaps that plays in to a hipster sensibility.... but this just doesn't seem to work. And the necklace? - the stylists are trying too hard to be au courant. Look, now I am a fashion critic. (We know I have no credibility there....)

I guess my conclusion is that I am eager to see a good execution of the confluence, but that this is not it. Too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment