Friday, July 4, 2014

Find A Grave

Happy 4th of July!

Rather than hike during my down time while I was visiting my brother, I went to Sunset Hills Cemetery to satisfy some photograph requests.

Here is the kind message I got from a fellow Findagrave user:

Thank you so much for the beautiful photo of the grave of Emmett Matthew. The inscription on the stone was too important to be lost and you captured it all. I . . . and the Matthew family are sincerely appreciative!

I believe I should pay it forward with these photographs I take for FAG; though, to be truthful, I might be paying it back in this case. During this very week while I was researching my paternal line, another volunteer with Find A Grave posted photos of cousin Dommerich and Okie headstones from Green-Wood Cemetery in Brooklyn, NY. The information gathered from those headstones allowed for more hints to unfurl on the Ancestry.com web site for me.

This Mason, Emmet Matthew, is not one of my relatives, but as I wondered through the cemetery I came across other stones which did have family names which occur in my tree. Though it would be incredible if these folks belonged to my tree, for, except my brother, I don't know anyone in that state and there is no family lore of anyone going there.



No comments:

Post a Comment