Thursday, August 21, 2014

Scallions in Saratoga Springs, NY - Restaurant Review (and some repurposed family heirlooms)


The Scallions restaurant is right across the street from the NY State Military Museum - so a very nice place to grab a bite after viewing the museum's collection. This restaurant is not on the town's main drag, but it was still very crowded.

The decor was delightful - brightly colored artwork. They even have a lounge which I believe is also considered a gallery. Clearly the artwork is for sale. I did not take a photograph while in the restaurant and I'm afraid I can not capture one from their web site to show you.

For lunch I had a shrimp and fennel salad (with arugula, prociutto, parmesan, artichoke hearts) and a blueberry, mint lemonade (held the vodka, though).

The young wait staff were some of the most attractive people I have seen in a while - and very polite.

I did take one photograph while in the restaurant - I liked these windchimes, though generally I am not fond of windchimes - but these used old silver plate with beads which I thought was a clever repurposing of old family stuff. Two of the windchimes use either a creamer or a sugar bowl, but mostly it is spoons, forks and knives. One way to display old family pieces.....

2 comments:

  1. So, wy is this post so popular. I wish someone would tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I ask the question again.... why is *this* post so popular. Almost a year later and again it is popping up as one of the most widely read posts.

    ReplyDelete