Monday, May 26, 2014

Newcomb - Starr Genealogy

I had to share - I am just returning from dinner at my aunt's summer house and she has several books collected by my grandmother when my grandmother set about compiling the family history. One of the books is a fat tome - not as thick as the Newcomb Genealogy - about the Starrs. Having concluded that I have no connection with the Starrs mentioned in the Newcomb Genealogy what should be the first thing that happens as I reverently open the book? I open to the page which mentions Molly Gore who I had just entered on Wikitree this afternoon and her husband Joseph Starr. These are the Starrs who settled in Nova Scotia and I had been ignoring them. Shame, shame on me.

I owe my friend a telephone call.

I haven't yet tied us together, but the connection exists.




No comments:

Post a Comment