Monday, May 26, 2014

Emmeline Young Jenkins Revisited

An unmet fellow Find-a-graver, Bob Collins, has just the other day posted some photographs of Emmeline's tombstone and the tombstones around her. He has indicated to me that Emmeline had several more children that died very young. I will need to re-check the information Green-Wood Cemetery in Brooklyn provided me and see if I can confirm the relationships and even find the burial information amongst the copies provided.

The tombstone delightedly provided the names of Emmeline's parents - Stephen B. and Sarah. I had seen a Sarah living with Emmeline in the census, but there was no relationship provided. I have also seen an Eliza Young living with her, but again, no relationship - she could be an unmarried female relative or the spouse. So much more sleuthing to do.


This new information will keep me busy for quite a while, now.

And just reflecting on Emmeline's life, it would seem that it was a very sad and trying in the early years. If that was the case for Emmeline, I hope the time with her grandchildren was a source of happiness in her later years.

No comments:

Post a Comment