Saturday, May 3, 2014

Madison Bistro, NYC - A Review

I enjoyed my meal very much. Now, I was visiting a college friend, so that obviously impacted my perception, but I would happily return to the restaurant.

Oumarou was very attentive and made us feel well cared for, even as the restaurant filled up. We never felt neglected or forgotten. I had my back to the dining room so hadn't realized that the restaurant became quite full as I enjoyed the conversation with my friend.

The two gentlemen at the table next to us were regulars at the restaurant who live near by and we got included in their conviviality and the jokes with Oumarou.

The bartender prepared my French 75 perfectly, and I was delighted to see a tarte flambee on the menu. I will always order the "Alsatian pizza" if I see it. And, my French 75 was a nice accompaniment in lieu of a gewurz. The soup of the day was a fresh broth-based asparagus, which hit the spot. I couldn't pass on the chocolate cake and an espresso in a French bistro. My friend did the Prix fixe dinner at $45, but upgraded to the sea scallops and the dessert special, adding $6, so dinner for the two of us with 2 drinks and dessert worked out to $136 before tip.

Madison Bistro
238 Madision Ave (Btwn 37 & 38 Streets)
New York, NY 10016
212-447-1919

No comments:

Post a Comment