Monday, May 26, 2014

Newcomb Genealogy

My good friend has a very large tome entitled Newcomb Genealogy: Descendants of Andrew Newcomb published in 1923. The compilation has a nice index in the back of all the surnames of the families who have married in to the very large Newcomb tribe. There are 8 people associated with the Newcomb family with the last name Starr. I have just done my best to add them all (the Starrs only) to Wikitree. In the process, however, I found no link to my own line of Starrs. The group found here are all from Nova Scotia.

I have just looked to the index again to see if there are any Lees associated with the Newcomb tree, and I see that there are about 24. I will enter their information, too, to see if there is any connection, however I find that none of the names seem at all familiar. But, perhaps, one never knows what one might find.

There is one marriage between a Maher - no relation Leo W. Maher - and a Newcomb, but this relationship between Leo Maher and Jennie Newcomb had no issue/children.

I did, however, find the Worths marrying with the Newcombs in Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard. That is a name which I find far back in the Danforth line, and I see that 12 Danforths are associated with the Newcombs.

I guess I have my work cut out for me. I am eager to find someone who is a good friend who is also a 'cousin'. A compilation this size seems like an excellent place to begin; I am sure I can find a circuitous route to that family relationship.

In any event, as I learn and play with the blogging process, I attach a bit of the work I accomplished this afternoon.





No comments:

Post a Comment