Monday, May 5, 2014

Burger King Baby

Holy Christmas. I mean, this is obviously a blessing, but what a world. As reported in my favorite magazine, The Week:

A 27-year-old Pennsylvania woman known as the “Burger King baby” has found her birth mother, calling their reunion “pure joy.” Katheryn Deprill was just a newborn in 1986 when her mother left her in a Burger King bathroom in Allentown, Pa. Deprill’s tale went viral after she posted her story on Facebook, pleading for help in finding the woman who had left her behind. The post found its way to her mother, who contacted Deprill’s attorney to arrange a meeting. “She left me somewhere she knew I’d be found,” Deprill said. “She did not want to throw me away.”

I am thankful Katheryn found her birth mother. I hope they can have a relationship. I wish the mother had taken the child to the fire station, but perhaps that program for babies was not yet in place. But, the wonders of social media in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment