Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Day Light Savings & Poslam Ointment

Poslam is no longer made - it seems to have been for rashes.
I assume Paul Knox is someone he knows, but might not be overly fond of. Or maybe he is famous, I just don't know.
The firm is Pomeroy Case, on Wall Street.



April 30th (1918)
Dear Mother
I don’t see just why you don’t hear from me more often. It certainly is never five weeks between my letters. At any rate “no news is good news” because bad news always travels fast enough from here.

I got your letter of March 31st yesterday. The first mail I’ve had in about two weeks, so I expect there will be a lot of it coming in pretty soon.

I didn’t know they were going to have daylight savings in the States. Of course they’ve had it here in France for some time. The clocks were moved ahead about March 1st here. It really does save daylight, too, because its still quite bright almost up to nine o’clock in the evening on a clear day.

I wish you would keep up on sending me the parts of the “Sun” that you sent before – the magazine and pictorial sections. The record I don’t care much about because you clip the stuff about people I know. I was glad to see that Tom is getting along all right – but he certainly did get an awful smashing up – didn’t he. One thing pleased me – they got the honorable Paul Knox in the draft. It just tickles me to see some chaps like him get dragged in.

Please send me a box of Poslam ointment. You can’t get it here + it comes in very handy. It comes in a little tin box enclosed in a manila envelope and you can put it in one of your letters. By the time you get this it will be about time to send me some more tobacco, too, because what I have will have run out.

By the way, do you hear from the firm every month? You haven’t spoken of it in some time. I've written two or three letters to Mr. Friedman + expect to write again this week. However they’ve probably been delayed just like yours. I’m anxious to hear from him how business is now that I can’t drop in the office + see for myself.

The weather has improved a bit lately but it’s still pretty rainy. I’m in my usual good health. In fact, I never felt better – haven’t had so much as a slight cold.
Love to all,

Herb

No comments:

Post a Comment