Sunday, November 9, 2014

Baru Latin Caribbean Bistro & Tapas in New Orleans

Baru Latin Caribbean Bistro & Tapas

A very enjoyable casual place for yummy food. Not a huge menu, but plenty to choose from: Tapas, Tacos, Arepas, Salads & Sandwiches. We tried a shrimp salad, the carne Desmechada arepas, gulf fish ceviche and a langostino taco. I think chef makes the taco shells in house. I also enjoyed a blueberry mojito 'mocktail' which was wonderful.

The dining room is tiny; at least what I saw of it, though the restaurant does have outdoor tables.

They have a happy hour from 5 - 7 pm.

Try them at 3700 Magazine Street. I believe they have opened a second floor raw bar, but I have not yet seen it. I will go back, though.

1 comment:

  1. Went back last night for dinner. Menu changed a little bit. Couldn't go to the upstairs because there was a private party going on. I was told they have a ceviche bar up there. Would have been fun to try, but alas....

    My husband and i each ordered two tapas and it was too much food for the 2 of us. So, plenty for dinner.

    ReplyDelete