Friday, August 12, 2016

Getting closer to answers (of as yet unasked questions)

Another estate spoken of in the newspapers.... This time for Berdella Doring, the widow of Joseph C. Doring, a jeweler of Troy, NY.

I have several photographs and mentions of a Berdella in all my family stuff. I have photographs of the Lees in Mr. Doring's garden, for example. I wish I had them neatly labeled on my computer to share within this post. Not to mention to look at, just in case more clues can be had.

Take a look to this post which has a photograph of Berdella with Margaret and Olive. Herb mentions giving her one of his photographs here. And I suspect Berdella Ewig of York, PA is also in that photograph shown in the above post. I guess that is Berdella's daughter, Berdella.  What an unusual name. I guess now I can do some research on that family! I don't think I knew Berdella and Mr. Doring were together. Yay!

For a better look at the article, check here.


Mrs. Doring and Ada Sherman


Sisters Ada and Nellie Jane Kirkpatrick were kindly left a little something from Berdella Doring. How thoughtful of her. (I am currently wearing a beautiful, but worthless, topaz ring that was Nellie Jane's... I wonder if this was purchased at Mr. Doring's store. Seems likely, perhaps, if Oliver bought it for Nellie Jane.)



No comments:

Post a Comment