Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Nellie Jane and the Red Cross

Seems that Nellie Jane did her part to help the War effort. I wish I knew what it was that they were sewing. I wonder what she might have done to help during The World War, other than worry about Herb. (I hope I didn't transcribe some hint in Herb's letters but not remember it right now.)

The Red Cross and Nellie Jane

I wonder if Nellie Jane was a good sewer, or if, like me, no matter how hard she tried, her stitches (were necessary for the cause), but crooked and uneven. Was she ever found weeding a Victory Garden? Did she cultivate worms? Did she worry about germs? Would she think her grandchildren are spoiled and obnoxious? Or would she be fiercely proud of her grandson who accelerated his time in high school so that he might serve in the Navy? Was she thankful that he was still a little young to be in the throes of the fighting?

No comments:

Post a Comment