Friday, July 24, 2015

Eresin Crown Hotel, Istanbul, Turkey - a Review

One couldn't beat the location of the Eresin Crown Hotel for the major Ottoman sites in Istanbul - just a short walk away.

And the view from the roof top restaurant/bar is fabulous. Unfortunately while we stayed there, they claimed it was too cold to be open - in late May - so we took a beer up there and enjoyed the sun-set on our own.







The Blue Mosque - right behind our hotel

We were still getting our bearings in the city after flying so many hours, but the service was attentive. It seems I did not take any photos of the room, which is a shame. We had a suite on an upper floor. Though jet-lagged, we slept well and I was not aware of any street noise.

I thought the room and restaurant were clean and I did not see any required maintenance issues.

No balcony at our room.

We also got a nice fruit basket in our room.

Toiletries - yes
Coffee & Tea - yes
Robes & slippers - yes
Hairdryer - yes
mini frig - yes
wi fi - yes
space - it wasa suite we were in, though I don't recall our room number
restaurant - not fabulous, but fine and very nice
Pool - nope
Fitness Center - if there was, I didn't look for it
Spa - again, didn't look for it

I would stay there again if I wanted to see the major sites... though the next time I stayed in Istanbul I stayed on the Taksim Square side of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment