Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Bahama Hand print

I have been incredibly remiss. I visited the workshop of Bahama Hand print back in January. I met the nicest people there and they gave me a full tour, let me ask all sorts of obvious questions and let me take all sorts of photographs - and even my first movie for the blog (which, of course is not the first I posted, because I have been remiss in writing this entry!)

Everything is designed and made in the Bahamas. The workshop is owned by two women. And you can always order custom creations, as indicated below:
At Bahama Hand Prints we offer a variety of ground fabrics that can be custom printed to your requirements. We carry fabrics appropriate for a multitude of applications including upholstery, drapery, bedding, indoor/outdoor furnishings, clothing and more… Choose from our repertoire and we can print any colour you desire!

Here you can see Rico creating the fabric:



The motivation for writing today is that I have finally started a project with the fabric I bought that day in January. I intend to post photos of the sewing project later...

In the meantime, I have many more photographs of my day in Nassau visiting Bahama Hand Print.

The frame and the screen before the paint is applied
Rico adding more paint - so as not to smear, he alternates panels
The trough with all the paint
moving the frame so Rico can fill in the pattern
Washing up
Removing the unused paint
Cleaning the screen
Clothing templates
You can barely see a seamstress on the right making a garment
Lots of pieces already made hanging
Industrial sewing machines
Removing the newly printed fabric for drying
Drying the fabric
Coming out the back end


the full length of the workshop
Adorable tunic top

No comments:

Post a Comment