Friday, July 3, 2015

Assessment of the Ambulance Corps by the Commanding Officer

So much time has passed between my reports on Herb. I have lost a train of thought, I am afraid.

I missed posting this letter from July 3, 1918 I have in my possession from the National Archive in College Park, Maryland. Though I missed it chronologically with Herb's letters, at least I managed to post it 97 years to the day after it was written!

I have left it large so that it can be read. It gives a good summary of the performance of the Ambulance Division in France up to this point. Our last update about Herb can be found here. From that report it is easier to go back and see some of the other information from around this time.

Very powerful stuff, these statistics. And the battle of the Marne actually hasn't happened upon the writing of this letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment