Monday, June 9, 2014

Blaue Gans Restaurant - A Review

I took advantage of my Tribeca location and walked to Blaue Gans two blocks north of my hotel at 139 Duane Street. I am surrounded by plenty of places to eat, but this restaurant was listed on Open Table - and they have schnitzel, so I had to go. I was very happy that I decided to do this, as it got me away from Ancestry.com and Family Tree Maker. Perhaps there was a convergence given I was entering some information about the German side of my family.

I started with the white asparagus and south Tyrolian ham and then had the weiner schnitzel with the potato and cucumber salad. The asparagus and ham was a nice, cold combination of crunch and saltiness. The potato salad had nice mustard and dill flavors and good texture. The schnitzel was a large portion that I could not finish.

I didn't catch the name of my server, but she was attentive yet wasn't fussing over me. The gentleman in charge of the floor did come over and ask how everything was. I brought my book and also had a very good view of the open, tall dining room with it's forty + tables, so I was very content and entertained.

Looks like Blaue Gans is a part of a restaurant group. I would sit again at Kurt Gutenbrunner's table.

No comments:

Post a Comment