Saturday, August 16, 2014

Green Acres Tavern in Greenwich, NY

Out and about in the Adirondacks....
One must have an open mind about food choices if one does not want to lunch at the fast food chains.
This place was highly recommended to me by someone I had just met.
It was packed. There were brown frosty bottles everywhere - and even some second rounds getting placed in front of folks.
The bar was full - no room for a single diner, so I took a table at the suggestion of one of the regulars seated at the end.
When I was finally noticed, the service was very friendly and attentive.
Though people watching was ripe, I put my nose in a book.
The food was not as I would have prepared at home, but it was fine. Too much.
In an effort to be well rounded, I might try someplace else next time if I find myself in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment