Thursday, July 28, 2016

Brick Wall comes down - Anna Brechbill

I found the name of a second great grandmother of my husband's - Anna Brechbill. Unfortunately, no other little leaves are shaking at me, but a name! A family! And it is an unusual name! She shows up on the death certificates of three of her children.

I guess this will take a little more digging and not a passive receipt of information. Shoot. Eventually I need to get myself to Western Pennsylvania to do the original research.

I did discover - or should I say rediscover - an 1829 survey among mu husband's papers. It has a name on it - Benjamin Miller - though I have not connected *that* name to the tree. John A. Miller, yes, so I am assuming Benjamin is a father or grandfather, but I don't yet know. I mean, why else would my husband have that survey if it weren't a family member. I have several deeds and sales receipts for land owned by the family over time.

The daughter of John A Miller, Lucy Miller, married Thomas Robertson and died young, before her father. I lucked out and found a Will for John A. Miller and he names his children and grandchildren, of which one is my husband's grandfather. Such good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment