Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Olive Lee is accepted to college

We are talking going to college in 1922 for a woman. I am very happy about it. As we have already mentioned, Herb was the first to "attend" college in my family, at least the Kirkpatrick/Wright side. I assume the Lee side, too. But Olive graduated! I should imagine her parents were exceedingly proud. I am, 94 years later.



So, no long essays, I guess. What a difference a century makes for applying to college!

We see that Secretary Doris L. Crockett signed Olive's acceptance letter. It seems that Secretary Crockett became Dean Crockett and has an award named after her:
Crockett Medal Award

(Dean Doris L. Crockett award for distinguished service)
Criteria:
To be considered for the Crockett Medal Award, the highest award given by the Alumnae Association, candidates should meet the following qualifications:
Should have shown loyalty to and consistent interest in the College.
To have demonstrated outstanding achievement in a chosen career field or in significant community service.
Be recognized for having high level of integrity of character.

No comments:

Post a Comment