Monday, July 4, 2016

Patriotic Dress at Century Girl, Vintage Boutique



I was wandering down Magazine Street when I saw this lovely patriotic dress on a mannequin outside of a new, lovely shop: Century Girl. She has lovely pieces... though each one of a kind, as they are vintage, used clothing, so you  need to get lucky to find what you want in your size.



I had to laugh when I saw a Gunne Sax dress amongst her things... I haven't thought of those since middle school - when I loved them!

Because I sew, I had to check out this dress. It reminded me of the skirts I have been making which we saw here. (And maybe I will eventually take a picture of the finished product, though I am still adding ribbon at the seams.)



I liked how the seamstress used some ribbon to cover up the seams, as I was doing. You can barely see that there is a zipper up the front.



This is a double skirt - a layer on a layer. Seems like a waste of fabric... though my skirts use a ton of fabric, the bottom layer being almost 10 yards.

Happy Independence Day 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment