Friday, November 20, 2015

Ehlers & Co

I am trying to do some research on another branch of my tree - the Ehlers, from Germany. In doing the research I am learning that perhaps my Father's family had interactions with my mother's family before my mother and family ever met. I always assumed my father's family was poor, but perhaps they had more money than I realized. They certainly seem to have been entrepreneurial... one 2nd great uncle was a jeweler, down the street from the famous Theodore B Starr, and the other was a furniture manufacturer's agent, Robert J. Ehlers Co.

My great uncle, Edwin Maher, worked for his uncle as a salesman. I learned that little tidbit on Edwin Maher's draft card for World War 1. I do not believe that he served in the war.



And here is an advertisement for the furniture exchange:



And here is a funny little question and answer about some hair combs. Perhaps Ehlers & Co was not making as high quality jewelry as TB Starr.



These folks are relative to Herb's wife, Florence.



No comments:

Post a Comment