Thursday, November 5, 2015

Cappadocia Cave Hotel & Resort, Cappadocia, Turkey - A Review

Not sure why I didn't post this when I wrote in back in June....

I have to say it, but I was disappointed with the Cappadocia Cave Hotel & Resort. I wanted so much to be really impressed, but I would suggest trying your luck elsewhere. I feel like an ingrate saying it, but that is the case... The view is beautiful, but the same view can be had at other hotels. (Click here to find the review on TripAdvisor... TripAdvisor claims it to be #70 out of 160 hotels in Cappadocia... or #12 of 22 in Uchisar, so right in the middle of the pack... which means others might be better.)

We bought some local sparkling wine at a vineyard just outside of town and for ice and 2 glasses to enjoy the wine, they charged us 10 Euros. And it wasn't an ice bucket for wine, it was a few cubes. I tipped the young lady 7.50 Euros as she seemed to understand the problem, but she never came back with a real ice bucket...

There was no stopper for the sink - which you would not think about normally, but I had a few of my delicates to wash as we have been traveling for 35 days... I asked for a stopper, which didn't quite work. So, rather than a soak, they got a rinse... Also, the first thing we had to have the hotel do was to fix the faucet which I couldn't turn off after washing my hands upon arrival. They came quickly, 'tis true... but I wouldn't say they fixed it... solved the problem, but not a fix.

Also, more small things... like broken hardware... miss-matched furniture.... exposed cut-off wires. It just wasn't there. They claim to be a 7 star - and I don't know what that means - but I'd say it just doesn't quite measure up.

I had to laugh because we were told we had a superior room.... aaaahhhh, superior room is their lowest room. Now, the room is plenty big, no complaint there. But no dresser and no desk - so as I write this I have a very hot laptop singing my thighs.

Service - eh, though they did ask us several times if we were enjoying our stay, just that the follow through wasn't there
Ambiance - very cool concept, but similar at other hotels in and around town....
Cleanliness - no issue
View/Balcony - small balcony, but fabulous view
Room Number - 260

Toiletries - yes, had everything we might need
Coffee & Tea in the room - yes
Robes & slippers - yes
Hairdryer - yes
mini frig - yes
wi fi - free
space - plenty
restaurant - a few options... and `a la carte, which is great
breakfast - was included in the room rate
Pool - yes, though I didn't see it
Fitness Center - not sure
Spa - I think they are well regarded for it, though I haven't seen it; I was here for the landscape

Hallway from the room
Looking towards the balcony and the beds
Very large space - no tub, though
Looking back towards the entrance
Partial View from balcony

No comments:

Post a Comment