Monday, May 15, 2017

Small world, small world

I occasionally read a blog called Two Nerdy History Girls. These are a couple authors writing romance novels. I have never read any of their novels, but they do seem to enjoy the research. I occasionally contemplate writing novels with my family members as the protagonists, so these women are doing something very similar... and getting paid for their research, whereas my research is merely a hobby (dare I say passion?)

In any event, coincidentally, they mentioned the very same Morris family in their May 12th blog as I discussed in my May 12th blog entry! Ha! And they end their blog with "How small a place the 18thc world was!" Even today, with 6 billion people on the planet, we both mention the Morris family in our Blogger blogs! So, sometimes, still small.

Gouverneur Morris was the brother (or son?) of the signer of the Declaration of Independence. I created his tree is attempting to find my ancestor.

Can I mention another funny coincidence? I have been researching several Jerushas in my tree. Jerusha is clearly an old-fashioned woman's name. I find it exotic sounding. Here's the coincidence: watching this old house, episode 23 in their series on renovating a house in Detroit, their kitchen designer is Jerusha Kaffine. How many Jerushas have you met? I have never met a Jerusha. And then suddenly here she is. It's not like I am a regular viewer of This Old House - though I enjoy it tremendously. So, why did I watch it the night they introduced us to Jerusha?


No comments:

Post a Comment