Wednesday, August 26, 2015

World War 2 Photos - the Navy, USS Portsmouth & USS Portland

I found some slides in among my father's things... I am afraid I do not know when these photos were taken so I don't know on which ship they were on. I do know it had to be either the USS Portsmouth or the USS Portland.

Obviously my father was interested in the planes.... Or this was really unusual.

My father worked with radar, radio and sonar.

Wish I had a clue as to who the other guys/sailors might be.
























I don't know where I got thee photographs, probably ancestry.com... Thought they would be worth adding to this post. Maybe someone can identify which ship my Dad was on by comparing the images....

USS Portland

USS Portsmouth

Last year at this time I was talking about this...

No comments:

Post a Comment