Sunday, February 8, 2015

Reviews

So, I dined with an old friend the other night and the service was terrible (ok, inexperienced, untrained and young). I was busily thinking about the review in my brain and then I remembered something I heard a book critique say; I think it was Oline Cogdill who said it on a podcast. She said that people remember the book titles, but perhaps not whether it was a worthwhile read, so she never writes a bad review. She would hate for a reader to read the book and waste that precious time in their lives. I thought, Hmmmm. That is probably wise. There is too much bad press or blogs out there as it is, why add to the cacophony? So, the conclusion I have drawn - and let's see if I can stick to it - is only recommend places that are worth checking out so that no one wastes their valuable time.
So, on that note, I am not going to write a review of the restaurant I tried the other night. Thank goodness the company was exceptional.

No comments:

Post a Comment