Friday, October 28, 2016

Orphaned Sisters Reunited

How fortunate they are to have found one another. What a wonderful, crazy story. (I wonder what their tree looks like...)



Two orphaned sisters who were separated in South Korea more than 40 years ago have been reunited after they coincidentally started working at the same hospital in Sarasota, Fla. Holly Hoyle O’Brien, 46, born Pok-nam Shin, and Meagan Hughes, 44, born Eun-sook, struck up an instant friendship while working as nurses on the same shift pattern, and began to suspect they might be related because of similarities in their stories. Both had “abandonment” listed on their orphanage papers, and both had been adopted by American families. The pair took DNA tests, which confirmed their kinship. “My first reaction was like, ‘Oh my God,’” said Hughes. “I have a sister.”

I have been carrying this story around with me for a while meaning to blog about it... Taken from the October 23, 2015 edition of the Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment