Wednesday, May 4, 2016

It Must Be True... I Read It In The Tabloids

I think about my blog all the time, why I can't get here to write, I don't know. I am here today, though to share with you a tidbit from The Week Magazine.

This was taken from a recent edition of the publication, April 22. Please look for it here.

Identical twin sisters from China and their identical twin husbands plan to undergo plastic surgery because they can’t tell who is married to whom. The mix-ups began as soon as Yun Fei and Yun Yang got hitched to brothers Zhao Xin and Zhao Xua in a joint ceremony, with one brother finding himself holding hands with his sister-in-law during a romantic after-dinner stroll. The confusion got so bad on their joint honeymoon that the couples decided to get plastic surgery. Surgeons have agreed to subtly alter the quartet’s noses and foreheads, making each twin more identifiable.


Why plastic surgery? Why not a tattoo? Or, how about getting different wardrobes, and shopping as a couple so the spouse knows what you purchased. (Though perhaps everyone has the same sense of style...) How about living in different places so you don't run in to each other so often? I mean, really, a joint wedding and then a joint honeymoon? And why is it the women who will be getting the surgery? Hmmm?

And, if you are willing to do this in the first place, does it even matter if you are with your sister's husband? I mean, what does it really matter at that point, you haven't asserted any individuality.


Can you imagine as a future genealogist trying to identify who is who in photographs? What a B-I-T-C-H! And, how similarly will the children look to one another? What a freaky idea to contemplate.

AND, of course, this could all be baloney, as the title suggests... 'This must be true, I read it in the tabloids.' Man, I was actually getting my panties in a bunch there....

No comments:

Post a Comment