Monday, April 17, 2017

Chicken Footstools

I have no idea when I picked up the card. I can visualize the chickens, but not where I met them.



I am amazed by people's imaginations. Where did this idea come from? I took this explanation from the website:
The chickens are handcrafted in Lyons, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri with care and delight, upholstered to function as footstools. Each is one-of-a-kind, unique in posture and personality. A turned wood egg-shaped core stands on bronze feet and is connected to a bronze beak. Feathers are handcrafted with traditional fiber art techniques- dyeing, felting, spinning, knitting- and are stitched by hand. And a surprise? Their heads bob.

I can't seem to grab a photo from the website to post here, so you must got see them here.  Aren't they the cutest things you have ever seen? I love the brightly colored ones. Not cheap, but delightful ($1,450 - $2,600 range). I just watched the videos, and I take it all back... worth every penny. They are amazing.

Wait, wait, found another way, taken from the Fort Worth Arts Festival web site:


Hmmm... I wonder if the knitters ever thought about getting themselves a foot stool to use while they knit sweaters for real chickens.



No comments:

Post a Comment