Saturday, March 12, 2016

Mes Amis Quilt Shop

I spent a wonderful afternoon with Cathy and Melissa at Mes Amis Quilt Shop in New Orleans. We talked quilts, genealogy, restaurants, history, fashion and a variety of other subjects. I went with the intention of finding Mardi Gras fabric which the web site indicates they carry all year so that I might make myself a skirt for 2017 Mardi Gras.

Here are the fabrics I bought today:









I started with all Mardi Gras themed fabrics and branched out when I didn't like the combinations. Of course after I had picked out my fabrics I turned around and there was a quilt with many of the Mardi Gras fabrics coordinated very nicely.

I ended up buying three yards of the bird fabric... it is a glorious fabric and I thought I might make another skirt or dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment